Noopl, Inc. and affiliated entities (“Noopl,” “we,” “us”), is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to our web site located at noopl.com, job applicants for one or more of our open positions, customers of our services and products and the mobile applications we provide (“Service”), and individuals that work for organizations with which we do business. Please call this number if you need assistance in obtaining any of the information in this policy 1 (916) 273-4645; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Is Personal Information
This document describes the Personal Information we collect and how we use it. “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We may collect or have collected within the preceding 12 months the following categories of your Personal Information:
- Identifiers: We may collect your name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, social security number, or other similar identifiers.
- Characteristics of protected classifications: As part of providing you service, we may collect directly from you information about your sex, age, and disability. If you apply for a job with us, we may ask you to provide us information about your citizenship status.
- Commercial information: When you shop for and purchase our products or Services, we obtain and use information about the products and Services you have purchased, obtained, or considered. We also capture insurance, payment, and transaction information if you pay us for products or Services.
- Geolocation data: If you have allowed geolocation for our app on a mobile device and fill out one of our forms on that mobile device, we collect geolocation data in order to localize marketing.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: If you visit a facility in which we have security cameras in place, we may capture your likeness. As part of our Services, we may collect your audiogram from you. If you call our customer support center, we may capture a recording of that conversation. We collect device utilization metrics for the purpose of improving features and product performance. We do not collect any audio recordings or recording transcriptions from users.
- Professional or employment-related information: If you apply for a job with us, we collect your resume from you. If you work for a company with which we do business, we may capture from you directly, or indirectly through shared business documents, information about your employer, business contact information, job role, and job-related credentials.
- Education information: If you apply for a job with us, we collect your resume from you. If you work for a company with which we do business, we may capture from you directly or indirectly through shared business documents, information about your credentials, which may include your educational and training history/certifications.
- Inferences about consumers: When you shop for or purchase our product(s), we may create a profile about you reflecting your preferences and purchasing-related characteristics.
Sources Of Personal Information
We may collect or have collected the above categories and types of Personal Information directly from you through our website and/or mobile application when you make a purchase, set up an account, and make a request. We also may obtain updated contact information from a third party to update our records. Our web sites and mobile apps may use passive tracking technologies to capture information about you and your use of our Service.
Use Of Personal Information
We may use your information, including Personal Information to provide certain Services to you including:
- Provide you with the products, Services and information you request or have expressed interest in;
- Fulfill your requests and answer your questions;
- Understand/categorize behavior and preferences, and contact you with information, offers and promotions about our products and Services;
- Send you our newsletter;
- Provide, maintain, administer or expand the Service or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Service and the products and Services we offer;
- Customize and tailor your experience of the Service;
- Obtain your feedback or testimonial regarding the Service and products; and
- Prevent, detect and investigate security breaches and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
Passive Tracking Technologies
We may automatically collect certain data when you use the Service, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Service; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Service; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Service; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Service. We may also aggregate any information collected, including demographic information collected from our users in a manner which does not identify any individual ("Aggregate Information"). Information obtained in connection with the Service may be intermingled with and used by us in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Service, including both offline and online sources. Additionally, we may collect usage data from your device (for example, the settings on your device, how often it was worn, etc.) and we will also collect the serial number of your device.
Cookies, Web Beacons
We use your browsing history and Personal Information to display interest-based advertising that is relevant to you. We place interest-based advertisements on our website as well as other third-party sites. The browsing history we use is collected by us and by third parties on our website, as well as other sites. We may also share your anonymous browsing history from our website and Personal Information with third parties to provide relevant ads. They may combine this information with assumptions based on the other websites you have visited in order to tailor ads to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
We have implemented our Cookie Preference Manager on our web site, you can find it by clicking on the Cookie Preferences link at the bottom of any of our web pages.
We group cookies on our site into four categories according to how we use them and what choices you may have:
- Required Cookies: These cookies are necessary for basic features of this site to function, such as allowing images to load or allowing you to select your cookie preferences. Following are our uses of required cookies:
- Authenticate and Sign You In: When you sign into one of our web sites, we store the time you sign in and a unique ID number in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within our web sites without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information, so you do not have to sign in each time you return to our web sites.
- Store Information You Provide to a Web Site: When you provide information or add applications, products, software or services to a shopping cart when shopping on our web sites, we store data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added and/or your interactions with us online.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your use of the site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on this site. You may have the choice to decline these cookies. Note that if you decline them, some important web site functionality that relies on these cookies may not be available to you. Following are functional cookie uses:
- Store Your Preferences and Settings: Settings that enable our products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We may save preferences, such as device (i.e., computer, laptop or mobile device) language, browser and multimedia player settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to our web sites. If you opt out of interest-based advertising, we store your opt-out preference in a cookie on your device.
- Share Content on Social Media: If you choose to log in or share to social media sites, cookies may assist in that process.
Performance cookies: These cookies are only used to improve how a website works. You may have the choice to decline these cookies. Note that if you decline them, some important web site functionality that relies on these cookies may not be available to you. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Performance cookies include the following uses:
- Collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
- Advertising Cookies: We may use these cookies to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or allow you to post comments on our site. You may be able to decline these cookies.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each web site you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as "clickstream data," can be collected and stored by a web site's server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the web site from which you linked to the Service. We may collect and use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Service, how visitors navigate throughout the Service and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. This information will be used to improve our Service.
Sale Of Personal Information
We do not and have not sold any Personal Information in the preceding twelve months. This fact notwithstanding, you may have the right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Information.
If you do not want us to sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, your Personal Information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration, please either:
- visit our GDPR compliance or CCPA compliance to revoke your cookies or request deletion of your information
- send an email with Do Not Sell My Personal Information in the subject line to email@example.com; or
- call us at 1 (916) 273-4645 between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday Pacific Standard Time.
How We Share Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties or mass marketers for their independent use. We may, however, use your Personal Information to match it with other public and private data sources in order to enhance our records, such as appending addition information to your profile, or the records of our business partners. We also may work with other providers who also possess your information in connection with their services, such as sharing your Personal Information with a third party who also has your Personal Information in order to enhance one or both of our services provided to you.
Unless you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information, only we and our affiliates, our technical consultants, third party auditors and other third parties who make our Service available, enhance its functionality, or provide associated services (such as coordinating orders and delivery of our products and services) have access to this information, and we require them to agree that they are covered by this policy.
Please note that Noopl reserves the right to and may disclose Personal Information about you in connection with (a) requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; (b) any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as subpoena; (c) a petition in bankruptcy or proceedings in bankruptcy, or if any court assumes jurisdiction of it and its assets pursuant to proceedings under any bankruptcy or reorganization act, or a receiver is appointed of Noopl’s assets or Noopl makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; (d) if required by law; or (e) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Service rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
Please also note that we do reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information and other information to our successors in business and purchasers of site assets.
We may use Aggregate Information for any and all purposes as we deem fit, including to improve your experience on the Service and for our research activities. For example, we may share Aggregate Information with unaffiliated third parties, such as business partners.
You may have the rights described below, with respect to the Personal Information we have collected, sold or disclosed about you as a consumer. To exercise your rights please see the section below about 1) how to make any of the requests identified below and 2) instructions on the verifiable consumer request process.
Right to Know and Right to Request Information
You have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose or sell. You have the right to request information about the Personal Information we’ve collected about you within the last twelve months. You may request to know if we have collected, sold or shared with third parties for a business purpose the following information
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information about you;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Whether we have sold your Personal Information and if so the categories of Personal Information that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose and if so, the categories of Personal Information that each category of recipient received.
There may be limitations to the number of times per year you can make these requests.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information. Under certain circumstances we may be unable to delete your Personal Information, for example, to comply with legal obligations, or to complete a business transaction that you have requested.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights as identified in this section of the privacy notice as conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise the rights above you may make the request in the following ways:
- E-mailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call us at 1 (916) 276-4645 between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday Pacific Standard Time; or
- Complete the online Information Rights Management request form at GDPR compliance or CCPA compliance to revoke your cookies or request deletion of your information
When you submit a request, we will verify your request and identify. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or a request to delete your Personal Information by providing the authorized agent written permission to do so and by verifying your own identity with us directly. We will deny any requests from agents that do not submit proof of authorization, or if we are unable to verify your identity.
Protection For Children
The Service is not intended for use by children (i.e., individuals under the age of 18) and children are prohibited from using the Service. We do not knowingly collect any information from children, nor is the Service directed to children. Any information that you provide us while using the Service on behalf of your minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein. Where appropriate, we take reasonable measures to inform children not to submit such information to our site or in response to advertisements. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Links To Third Party Sites
Our Service may contain links (or other information) to other web sites and services. Other web sites may also reference or link to our Service. We may also offer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions in association with third parties. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Service to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other web sites. Visiting these other web sites is at your own risk.
Noopl will not be liable for disclosures of your Personal Information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized internet access to visitor data retained in our internal servers. We also store Personal Information in certain third-party external databases (such as the Iterable and Segment) that we reasonably believe comply with generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information. When we request that you enter sensitive information (such as your bank account and routing number, your SSN), we encrypt such information using a Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) standard. Additionally, we use the DigiCert SSL standard to verify the secure nature of our website to users’ browsers.
Despite the measures we take to protect your Personal Information, due to the inherent open nature of the internet, Noopl cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. You must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that your Personal Information may be intercepted in transit.
We retain non-personally identifiable information collected via our Service for as long as we have a business reason to do so. After that time, we aggregate the data and retain it for analytical purposes. We retain your Personal Information for as long as your Service participation is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter (in the event that you choose to engage with us again). We also may retain your Personal Information for a longer period of time as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your Personal Information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate, anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize and aggregate your Personal Information.
Policy Review And Modifications
We give you the option to update or remove your Personal Information from any marketing lists that we maintain. You can opt-out of receiving newsletters and promotional emails and other marketing communications from us by: using the “unsubscribe” feature in our marketing e-mails, sending an opt-out request to email@example.com, or requesting removal by calling 1-916-276-4645 between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday and speaking with one of our representatives, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
Please note, however, that if you have purchased an Noopl device from us, we may require your Personal Information to provide you with important updates and upgrades as well as to contact you in the event of an emergency. We are therefore not able to remove your Personal Information from our system. We are also not responsible for removing your Personal Information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Terms Of Service
Use of this Service is governed by, and subject to, the legal notices contained at www.noopl.com/pages/terms-of-use. Your use, or access, of the Service constitutes your agreement to be bound by these provisions IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE.
Comments and Questions
United States Of America
Our Service is maintained in the United States of America, where we store and access your Personal Information.